Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bt for cobias

if you was strictly going after one [ what bait would ya take besides artificial ? ]

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Live Eels

or ifn ya catch some small croaker or spot,throw em out live.Seem to like cut bluefish too.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
they dont seem to be too picky do they??How come they aint taken my bait yet????.......the R

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have heard of them hitting anything from squid ( reallly) to bunker to blue to croaker heads. Lot of people like live eels. ( But they are a pain to fish with)

You're right they don't sound too picky but they sure are when it comes to me.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the info fishn dudes sounds like they are an eating machine :) hey R youll get your chance :p

·
Registered
77 Posts
The owner of Fricso Tackle shop had taken three already this year, he said; all three were full of peeler crabs. So peelers are what I'd like to be able to take, myself, besides the bluefish/spot/croaker baits.

Tight lines,

Doad.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Rigging live eels

I use a fish finder rig an hook em in th tail about 1-1/2" from th tip. Some cut th tip of th tail off to try an cut down on th eel wraping up in th rig. As far as what else will eat em, sharks love em,bluefish will hit em as will striper. Unfortunately so will skates. :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts