Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I broke about 3 inches of the tip of a St. Croix Mojo 9 footer rated at 3/4-4oz. If I were to have it repaired leaving at 3-4 inches shorter, how would the action change? I'm ordering a replacement top section from the manufacturer but figure this top section might be salvageable.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Action will be little stiffer making the rod more suitable, but it is hard to predict just what! I am just guessing that the sweet action would be more like 3 oz instead of 2 oz. Only way to know for sure is to appraise the action after adding the top quide.

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts
Had a penn speckle rod that got 3" broken off the tip.. Last year was using it to sight cast small cobia under 30lbs.. We caught one at 45lbs with it.. It would throw a 1 and a half to 2oz jig VERY WELL.. Action was great for catching as well.. It worked GREAT until one of my customers had a fish on another rod,walked towards the back of the boat with rod straight up in the air towards his fish that was being gaffed,and his rod grabbed the little penn and it shot out of the tower like an arrow.. :( Who knows,you may be able to glue on a new tip and be perfectly happy with it as I was with this penn,the tip is fixable,overboard is not... :D

·
Super Moderator
1,956 Posts
It has a lifetime guarantee. Whether it is your fault or theirs .. Refer to the St Croix website .... I think if you send them the rod and fifty Bucks they will send you a brand new one...

·
Registered
929 Posts
Yes big is right it's either 50 or 75 to get it replace plus they have a discount shipping program. You also can upgrade that rod to a diff one as well from st Croix by paying the 50-75 fee plus the original cost diff from your old to the new one. I might be doing this soon as well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts