Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
To get to Broadbay Passage to fish is quite an obstacle and should be reserved for younger guys or for at least people in pretty good shape. Park on the Long Bay Point side of the bridge,preferably across the road from it next to the little boat repair area there (there's a wooden fence and a dumpster in the parking area). Take as little gear as necessary and walk up the bridge (it's steep) and bear right for the road going to Broad Bay. Stay on the side of the road until you see the railing at the water's edge (that's the broad bay passage area). You can fish anywhere along that railing but must go up and down a fairly steep hill to get to and from the fishing area. It is an excellent spot to fish but hard to get to and from.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Broad Bay

I found the area this morning. Looks like a great spot. There was a lady out there with a cast net pulling in small striper. As I watched her she would dump them into the weeds then put them into a bag. The Stripers were bout 10 inches long. My wife had no Idea what the lady was doing at the time. Latter my wife said the lady with the cast net gave her some really negative vibes. I wanted to choke the stuff out of this lady. I would have paid to watch the law give this woman a fine.

TGIF:mad:

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
tgif look on your fishing license across from your signature and down a little bit you should find a number 1-800-541-4646 give them a call and the bad vibes may spike but they will go away soon enough.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Guess she didnt need a fishn rod people like that need to pay the consiquinces :mad:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fishing Pole

Oh! The lady had a fishing pole. She pulled in a huge Toad Fish. She had net zero understanding of the fishing regulations though.

TGIF

·
Registered
160 Posts
onion

i was under the impression the only spot to fish was on the adam keeling side parking by the cemetary. there are signs on the other side i thought that said no fishing. let me know if i am wrong.
thanks

buzz

·
Registered
26 Posts
Catchinabuzz, you may be right but the sign is somewhat confusing because it says no fishing no crabing no mouring which gave me the impression it was pertaining to boat traffic....If someone has more info, please respond...

·
Registered
160 Posts
hit the passage up again today from 8am till 12 caught croaker,toads,seabass. this weather sucks!! the water temps suck!!! man am i tired of this.

but i still caught the buzz!!!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
buzz

i think itll be a fantastic FALL get ready y'aLL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts