Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hit broad bay passage fri morning about 5am looking for striper. well i took one nice fat 20in and a couple of small blues when wham i layed into a massive blue fish i couldnt get him up out of the water {no net} about ten minutes later my buddy hit the same and again about 15 min later!! so off to the bait shop to buy a net and come back. well it wasnt long till my buddy hooked up with another big blue got this one out of the water. 9 lbs 35 inches!!! about a half hour later getting ready to pack it in for the day when wham i hit another monster blue got him up he went 10 1/4 lbs 37 inches!!! these were caught under the bridge with 6 inch bunker storm shad. on 6 foot poles what a blast!! i took them to the bait shop for the scale he told me these are offshore size blues. was this a rare catch for these waters?? i will be getting the pics into p&s as soon as possible. thanks
buzz

caught more than a buzz today!!!!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is unusual for today, but 15 or 20 years ago big blues came into the beach and bay on a regular about every year. Back then I have caught blues up to 15 or 16 pounds from Fort Wool to the first island. Henry S.

·
Registered
824 Posts
This was once a fairly good place to fish until the school of dolphin took up residence in Broad Bay. They have all but cleaned it out. They have been here several years now and most people that live here would be glad to see them go. Large Blue fish do come in but probably don't stay long when they discover that the food chain is gone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts