Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a great morning in the passage!!! hooked up at least 8 nice striper took three home!! they were tearing up rubber shad. the blues were hitting fairly hard took about 8 of them. what a great mornig of fishing

buzz

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ofcource he wasn't fishing alone Cdog if he was then he just told the world that he broke the law and I'm sure that he wouldn"t do that. Good catch Buzz. :confused: :D :cool:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cdog

no i wasnt alone man you guys are all over people! i took two a friend took one.

tornadoFers

its under the bridge on greatneck just below shore drive. there is a wall to fish of of i will be out there tommarow in a john boat.

buzz

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
buzz, your post was unclear that you had someone with you. There are people reading this board that don't know or don't care.(someone posted a pic of a illegal striper) So yeah if I think someone might have made a mistake or didn't care I'll point it out. No harm intended,nice catch.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i understand cdog i will be sure to be more specific next time. there was an older guy there keeping everything he caught. isnt there a number you can call to get them busted? i would hate to do it but it seems like it needs to happen. he kep at least 5 under size stipers!

buzz

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
What were they hitting on?Artificials or cut bait?

I have been three time @ Broad Bay,and brought nothing but mosquto bites home.Fished both tides.Threw everything but the kitchen sink.

Do any of the fish bite in the evenings?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
drum

i only go in the morning they have been solid for about three days now. hitting only artificial. i have set up bottom rigs and got nothing i have fished incoming and outgoing tide seem to do best right in between during still water.

thanks for the number digger!!

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Thanxs-Buzz,I will probably hit that spot again Friday nite(rain) and Sat morning.

I am sick of trout,needs some new meat. ;)

R

·
0 Posts
good catch buzz yeah on th small stripers ive taken a couple people out on my boat before that had caught some them illegals and wanted to keep them got in an arguement about it and i said #### IT packed up and left id imagine they take yer boat rods reels you to jail plus anything else and my so called fishing partner probably would have merely walked away without notta :mad: :mad: RC

W

·
0 Posts
Good Points guys....You know, when ticketed for stripers or grey trout, they're now controlled by the federal fish police. So a state warden (Marine Patrol or anyother law enforcement) can give the summons. But on going to court, the cases are tried by a federal magistrate and the fines are hefty, so I've been told.
On Knotts Island (Fed refuge land at the causeway), an angler came up in a boat, tied up to the side of the bridge, and got out to stretch and have a cup of coffee on the bridge from his thermos. Well, along came the refuge manager who asked if he could see what he'd caught. And the guy had 6 stripers "out of season" in Currituck Sound, though he stated he and a friend had caught them in VA in North Landing River where they would have been legal.
The Warden (refuge manager) called the state warden on his radio, and they even confiscated the guys boat. Also - so I've been told, if the boat is on a trailer and attached to a vehicle, they may legally confiscate "all of it" for violations of any of these federally controlled fish species.
Something to think about, Huh ? Frankly I'd have to fight em' somehow. Better yet, just keeping legal fish would work a lot easier. But the above is pretty harsh for a few fish, no matter what ones respect for law may be. Its almost like getting life in prison for running a red light !

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Yeah i have actually seen this happen down in FL. Few guys came in with at least two cooler full of illegal redfish and tried to be quick and pull the boat out of water and just start driving down the road without stopping and tying down boat, releasing plug....It might have worked but boat wasn't on trailer properly and ranger thought he would stop them and tell em. After noticing they were a little intoxicated went on with procedure of license and fish measurements. And voila! Bunch of illegal reds stuffed in and under cubbie holes in boat. Quick call for backup and soon towing away truck with boat attached. :eek: Very true but very extreme.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts