Pier and Surf Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
2,501 Posts
I see how it is. Go to Jersey, keep the spot secret from the hillbilly!

No secret spots here. Any you guys get out this way or up this give me a shout. Lots a good spot here to fish and...DARE I say even the WBB is welcome, skunk and all. :D :beer: :D :beer:
You might regret those words RD :) Our power is used mostly for good, but every once in a while, we can take down the best of the best: see what we did to TH in DE a couple weeks back.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I look at it this way

Even if the skunk shows its ugly head, at least I got to fish with more P & S brothers. Hell, if your power is in food I just might have to fire up the BBQ grill. You I got some good recipes.

·
Banned
3,177 Posts
Even if the skunk shows its ugly head, at least I got to fish with more P & S brothers. Hell, if your power is in food I just might have to fire up the BBQ grill. You I got some good recipes.
Oh no!!!! If I even talk about getting too much ice, we usually get skunked. We'd be jumping the gun by waaay to much if we fired up a grill...... Dang.... we're all screwed now! :D

·
Registered
1,120 Posts

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Well either way

You all got an open invitaion to come to the Dogg Pound. Fish or BBQ don't matter to me.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I am just dying to throw plugs and BA's at bigger blues and stripers. Since that big jack almost spooled me, I have only caught little blues and spots.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I fished that pier last August and we got a mix bag of black sea bass,blues,flounders, and some skates. That area to the right definately has some potential. While we were there we saw 2 people setting the rods along the banks. Definately would be a good idea to wade in the water.

We rented out a pontoon boat from Conways the day after and had a blast with some mix catches, blues being predominent. Their boat rentals from what I remeber was dirt cheap. If you have a full day of fishing I would suggest going to Conways and renting a boat and fishing the back bays. You are allowed to venture out to the pier but cannot pass the bridge. All there rods and reels are 10% off, that is where I got the Penn Captiva for a very good price. They have all assortments of dead and live bait.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I fished the inlet from a kayak with a few others on Sunday. Got on the water around 6:30ish. Early on snappers were busting spearing on the surface. We were on our way into the lagoon to get some bait and headed toward the bay. We made a few drifts and had robins or small seabass a few guy made it back to Absecon bay and worked there way back but had no luck with the weakfish that they were into heavily the day prior. I stayed in the inlet and kept hooking up with robins and seabass till about 10. I did have two tb flounder in that time. After 10am I tried for some more snappers but there was so much spearing every were birds did not indicate feeding from below. I did get a few. I took lunch on the beach near Harris. The rest of the day I had nothing but robins so I made my way back across the inlet around 3pm to head for home.

Side note: the boardwalk behind Harris no longer has a fence under it. With out the AC pier and the Harris marina/fishing pier the stretch is not as protected as I remembered it.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts