Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/gals love the site read all the time very helpfull.If i were to go to the tank do i need a bridge net?

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
You can live with out it if you have 20lb or better line but you are taking a chance on losing the big one if you don't. I don't have one but usually someone there does and they are very helpful and will lend a hand. So I haven't lost a nice one yet but you can bet as soon as I do I will go out and buy one.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info FL Fisherman i hope i don't lose the big one!Maybe i will head to the tank tonight?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info FL Fisherman i hope i don't lose the big one!Maybe i will head to the tank tonight?

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
You can always take out a roll of 50 lb test and put huge shark hook on there, then gaff the fish with it and bring it up by hand.
Just kidding

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Hey sounds like a good use for the free spool of spider wire we got in the mail. :eek: ;)

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Just get a big Striper net and take the handle off and tie rope to it.Tie one strand to the net;tie another across from it.Repeat those two steps one more time for the other angle of the net;tie all the strands to a very large o ring.Tie 30ft of line to the o ring then your done.The strnds should be tied to all quaters of the net.I hope this helps? :confused: ;)

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
I take my bridge net everywhere. You'll need it for large stripers and rays. Mine is 24" dia. and was too small to net FL FISHERMAN's ray a couple weeks ago. First time that ever happened. I'm buying a 36" dia. this weekend.

Catman.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
LongRanger...You've got that right. I know at the Tank people fall all over themselves to net a fish for you. I know I get excited when I can net someone's fish. :D

Catman, :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts