Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Breezy Point camping,

Next week from Aug. 19th to the 25th I will be camping at Breezy Point. For those of you that have wanted to fish BP at night, heres your chanch.

I wiil be able to get two people in per night as guests. E-mail me your contact info if your intrested and we'll set something up.

The pier is closed to all but campers at night so there should be plenty of room. This offer is first come first serve. No heavy drinkers as this could get my wife and I kicked out of the campground, it is a State park....Tightlines

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
You can add me to the list buddy, also I think Mastercaster was saying last night he has a day off or two next week. I have to work all next week but might be able to do some fishing on wed night. I will give you a call.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Thursday into Friday

Hey Hat,

I already got clearance from the wife on pulling an alnighter at BP. I got a 4 day weekend coming next week so thursday into friday is cool for me if you got the space. I sent you a PM. Call me........Tight Lines

MC

·
Registered
270 Posts
My wife is away all week.. name the night, Hat, and I'm in!

Contact me via b-mail!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I may be interested in doing wednesday night as well. I have to check my schedule but since I have thursday and friday off, I may be able to join you on Wednesday since it's just Jason so far. If it's open, let me know. Of course I will have to check with the girlfriend first, but she will be house sitting for her dad, so hopefully it will be ok. Also if I do go, what will I need to bring?
-Anthony

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Hey Anthony do you have to work Wed? I was planning on leaving from my work and going straight to breezy. Let me know what you want to do. I can drive up there or even better I can meet you somewhere near your pops house. I will give you a call later.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Hey Jason,
Yes unfortunately I do. I should be home and will be ready to go by 5:00pm. I figure since we are going fishing on Jake's charter on thursday that this was the most logical thing to do. I've never fished Breezy Point before so I have no Idea what to bring. I'll talk to you later.
-Anthony

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
I am going I am gonna give you a call in about 30 to 40 mins man. I need to go I am having a real bad day.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Man it was a real slow night. Anthony and I met up with Hat80 at the campsite. Fish-on came a few hours later. Anthony and I were able to castnet some alwives to use for bait. We hit the pier at 1000 and about 30 mins later Hat pulls in a small 12" croaker. Hours went by with just little nibbles. Fish-on caught a croaker around 2 in the morning and called it a day (just so he can't say he got skunked) Hat packed it up around 330 and left Anthony and I to the pier ourselves. We didn't get nothing but 1 small spot that we cut up for bait. Sunrise came and we started to net some nice crabs. About 5 horseshoe crabs beached themselves on the high tide. It was a site to see. Them weird looking things upside down tail in the air. I kicked em back over and they crawled back to sea. Anthony and I walked the beach and we saw lots of life. Flounder were everywhere. Well I think they are called soles, type of flounder I believe. They were swimming up and beaching themselves. I mean there were literally thousands of em. Saw some small stripers and some small what was believed to be trout. Lots of crabs were caught on the low tide. All in all a not so good fishing trip but pretty decent place they have there. Lots of things to do.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Ya its been slow everywhere up here in the bay. I really wonder with the problem is. Salinity too low? Too Hot? Unusual weather patterns? What? Any theories?

I just spooled my two reels with power pro the other day and I am dying to try them out but I don't want to just sit there and not catch anything and have to rebait every 5 minutes.

Just a little frustrated, as a lot are but I can't wait until the cooler weather.

·
Registered
129 Posts
cold front this weekend enough to qualify as "cold weather"? How about this passing storm? Good for roughing up the surf but bad for lower salinity? Just trying to figure something out. All these pretty rigs sitting at home...

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
A week at Breezy,

Just got back from a week at Breezy point yesterday. My thanks to the P&S members that came down and fished with me, sorry it was so slow but thats why it's called fishing and not catching.

Out of the six days there were only two good days. The first night I fished from the beach infront of our camp as I was beat from setting up the campsite. Good numbers of Croaker & good size while I lasted, all on bloods.

The rest of the week was dead. We were lucky to get a few small Croaker and Spot. In the week I did see some small Striper caught 12 to 15" and that was it. On Thur. night Master Caster and his dad did dip about 3 doz hardcrabs and I think a said he got a doz or so softshells. That was a bonus!

On Sat. night the Bluefish turned on. From 11pm till 2am it was nonstop and then out of nowhere the wind got up, fishing was over. From 2am to daylight we had steady winds at 50mph gusting to about 70mph and thats no joke!

All and all it was a relaxing week. Breezy is a great place to camp, try it you'll like it! It's heaven when theres fish there too, they just wern't there last week...LOL :mad:........Tightlines

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.