Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Breezy point this afternoon and dispite the rainy and cloudy weather it turned out to be a beautiful sunny day. Not much was kitting, just a few 12-15" croaker and a few spot on bloodworms and once on squid.

I was very happy with my 12" croaker because it was my first time using my Penn 8500 with my 12' ugly stick (purchased from Fish-On) thanks again everyone for all of your help and I am looing forward to meeting some of you guys on the surf.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Hey RD1, did you fish the pier or the beach? It's good that you got some Spot, that means the Blues will be in there soon. You should have cut up one of the Spot for bait. As fresh cut Spot is one of the best baits you can use in that area. Glad you had a good time...Tightlines

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NO pier is not finished yet so fished from the beach. I cut up one of the small spot but no luck. It was late though and they thru us out.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THe ugly sick is pretty good. It is really sensitive. If you have a fish you know it. I was fishing with another guy and he has three sets, penn 6500-9' Ugly, penn 7500-10' Ugly, penn 8500-12' Ugly, it is all he uses and he can cast a ways. Anyway, Fish-On is someone on this board that I bought to pole from but they are availiable and not that expensive <www.sigitaldagger.com>

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Tylers Tackle shop had them last week for $60. Don't know if they have any left. You could call them....(410) 257-6610

·
Registered
69 Posts
Is that Tyler's near Chesapeake Beach? I'm 50 miles from there...Anybody ever had anything shipped from there?

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Yup, thats the place. I think George will ship it out to you. Can't hurt to ask them. I would take a ride down there, he has some real good deals from time to time but sells the stuff fast. Besides you could wet a line while your down that way....Goodluck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts