Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am planning on putting 20lb braid on my next sea mullet/pomp rig. Wanted to go braid on my main line to increase casting distance (when necessary), increase sensitivity, and added strength (never know what might hit a simple dropper rig). Was wondering if using braid main line would matter as long as my rigs were still flouro?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
according to better fishermen than me, yes it will matter. however i have put my share of mullet & nice pomps on the sand despite having my fluoro rigs tied directly to my braid mainline 95% of the time. if it is gin clear i will put a mono shock on my braid. i am going after pomps. for sea mullet i wouldnt bother. just my 2c.

15lb braid is plenty IMO for mullet/pomp fishing

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tie my own top-bottom rigs with 20 lb flouro. They are about 2-3 feet from end to end. Is that what you talk about when say leader or do you mean an extra piece of flouro coming off the top-bottom rig and attaching to the main line?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Get used to it ,if you are not already.Ive seen many people who switch over "lean" into a fish and rip the hook out of the fish mouth due to no give in the braid.Personally i wont use anything but braid on all my set ups.Good luck with it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts