Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
brand new bass pro shop gift card for 208$$, I will let it go for 198$$ thats 10$$ off :jawdrop:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry, but I gotta get at least 190 or else I cant get the reel I want from a place that carries more saltwater reels than bps??
Wish everyone woulda given me gift cards to oceans east 2 instead of bps!!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea yea yea, It doesnt help when the fam lives on the penninsula

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I know how you feel. I have 3 gift cards to BPS totaling 165 dollars. BPS doesn't carry too many saltwater reels and rods but I can get all the terminal tackle I need.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
rockhead said:
sorry, but I gotta get at least 190 or else I cant get the reel I want from a place that carries more saltwater reels than bps??
Wish everyone woulda given me gift cards to oceans east 2 instead of bps!!
$190 for a reel????? An I thought I had expensive taste.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea I know but if you buy quality, it should last longer. so theoretically its cheaper?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well the $208 came from returning a quantum cabo pts 50 that is either a bad reel or came from the manufacturer bad/flawed, either way it was my first and last experience with quantum. What I'm lookin at is a fin-nor ahab (the smaller size that bps doesnt carry) or what the heck if I cant get rid of the gift card a shimano stella, althought after testing both at bps the fin-nor felt really solid and much better, but I dont know I'm a dedicated penn man, penn reals are all I know! the problem with fin-nor and bps is that bps carries two of their reels one is 30 oz and the other is 31oz. thats just tooo heavy for me.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
How come BPS won't give you cash?

That is the reason my wife and I use a credit card for big $ purchases., don't want no store credit on something you might have to return or have problems with it.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Go with the Stella. Plus, it'll only 'feel' like your paying $50 for it anyway.
I bought my first Shimano spinner (Spheros) this year and it felt and worked great on these schoolies this fall.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts