Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Penn Integra gold series 4500 "Jarvis Walker" spinning reel on E-bay, the guy who had it had the buy it now option for 45.00 bucks until the last 1 hr and 17 minute, I watch this sort of thing. He dropped it down to buy it now for 30.00 bucks, I had some money burning a hole in my pocket. This reel is new in the box never been used, if anyone knows what they sell for please tell me if I screwed up or not, I figured a Penn for 30.00 bucks was pretty good. Lookin for feed back! :D [/LIST]

·
Registered
239 Posts
I think you did fine. I dont't know exactly the model you bought, but I think it is their lower-end model medium-light, which runs 55-80$. I am sold on Penn spinners. They are all I buy. I have never had any problems, and I abuse them.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I prefer Penn also, I like the SS Black and golds the best, but like I said a brand new Penn in the box for 30 bucks can't be so bad, I got a nice Penn Rod from Ocean's East attic sale to put it on, Always looking for a deal. ;) [/LIST]

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I bought a JW 2000 Reel (Nexium series) off ebay last summer. It's small (similar to the Penn 4200 in size). I paid under $20 and it's held up to a ton of puppies, 20+ 16-22" stripers last fall and 20+ 2-5# blues the past two weeks. I even dunked (when I got dunked) last fall at chix. I got my money's worth and then some out of it.

Here's the current bid on ebay for the same exact reel:
Jarvis Walker Nexium 2000 Reel

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Appreciate the feedback, Spoke to a guy at Lighthouse tackle, he looked it up for me and the 4500 Gold series sells for $45.00. so I save 15 bucks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not sure about the JW series, but I fish a 4500 and she's a tough reel for the size. I put her on a 7' rod and she'll sling lead something fierce. If you haven't tried it, I recommend PowerPro fishing line on the reel. Casts like a dream and super sensitive. No "sponge" effect either. When you move it moves. Good stuff.. my .02.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts