Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an 8500 for a steal. I know alot of people are down on these reels because they didn't have the penn quality when they first came out, but I have one and my uncle who surf fishes atleast once or twice a week does too. He got it from me for christmas 2 years back and it's still going strong. Well that's my two cents worth and my only problem is my wife doesn't know I bought it. Had it shipped to my neighbors. That's what she gets for buying all those laundenberger backets.
sadly, I also bid on a nice sealine X surf rod and got outbid with less than a minute left. I was high bidder for close to a day.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Baran13 - You have to have a hundred rods and reels off of ebay now. How are you hiding them for the Mrs.?
I've been eyeballing the Tsunami 9' on there (Harlee Rods's auction site). Wish he had it in a conv rod.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Baran13 - You got what is commonly referred to as "sniped". Although you may have thought you were the winner up until the last minute, a sniper had already decided long before that to win it in literally the last few seconds. I had to learn the hard way too with thinking I was the winner until the last minute. After a couple of times I then learned how it is done. Good luck.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No Chest,

I don't have a hundred rod and reels from ebay, but all but two of the rods and reels I have purchased in the past two years have been from ebay. Why pay 89 dollars for a 11 ft sealine x baitcasting surf rod when I got the same thing brand new for 46, with a warranty.Doesn't make sense to pay retail.This year it's Two tica rods 9' 10'a sealine x surf rod, plus I also got a 12' for christmas, a penn boat rod, and a few reels. Nothing worse than having to loan out your good rod and reel when going fishing. Thats where ebay comes in. Unfortunetly, it is sometimes addictive. Guess, I'll have to go to ebay rehab. My wife buys those londenburger baskets so how can she complain. It's easy to hide items from the misses. Years back when I was starting out in business I hid a case w14b wheel loader from my wife for the first year I owned it. Plus, I think I once told he that I repainted the one tri axle when it was a different model totally. A paystar 5000 and a autocar don't look anything alike and actually the autocar was a tandem axle.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Yeah, I hear you on the 'addictive' part of eBay. After my first JW reel, I picked up another "just because". You ain't kidding about the deals on eBay. Once I find a reputable seller, it's hard to pay retail prices again.
Mrs. Chest2head&glassy knows how many surfboards I have but has yet to keep track of my combos. I try to keep them clean so when a new one is added to the collection, it doesn't stick out. It's those rod cases that they're mailed in that are hard to hide.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
chest,
I love my 9' tica (which I understand is the same as Tsunami except tsunami has nicer finish). Got it on ebay for $32.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Hey chesty. They have the tsunamis at PA Dist. I have the 9' with a Tica Libra 4000 loaded with 20# spiderwire stealth and it can sling some metal. It was about $60(rod only), so consider that when figuring in shipping on ebay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts