Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into buying a pair of chest waders. I am not sure if I want to invest in a boot foot type wader of a stocking foot. I will mostly be doing my surf fishing from the shore. Any recomendations or opinions on what type and brand? Many thanks in advance.

-addicted

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
I've used both types over the years but have settled with the Hodgman stockingfoot with Hodgman wader boots. I'll never go back to the boot type wader again. The stockingfoot's are much more comfortable and flexible. Also I use the wader boot with Korkers to fish the jetties.

Catman.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Catman,
thanks for the help. If you don't mind, could you give me a rough estimate of what the stocking foot along with the waders costn you ?

-addicted

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
I've had them going on 3 yrs now and I'm pretty sure I paid around $85.00 for the stockingfoot waders and around $35.00 for the wader shoes/boots. BPS and Cabala's have them.

Catman.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
The waders I have have the gaters built in. They just hook onto the wading boot shoe string. Very effective.

Catman.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Mine are neo and look as good now as they did 3 yrs ago and they get use a lot in the spring for fresh water trout and early season SM bass. I can't really speak for the breathable ones.

Catman.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I got a pair of neo stocking foot waders last year from cabelas. The stocking foot kind are a lot better in my opinion. The boot foot ones tend to crack or wear out around the boots after a while.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Brandon,

I have both and both are Orvis. I tried less expensive brands and they proved not to be comfortable or breathable. I use the stocking foot for Trout fishing and I would use them with korkers for jetty fishing. From the surf I use bootfoot because of the sand.
The sand will get into your wading shoes and wear out the neoprene boot. Just my $.02

·
Registered
17 Posts
After using breathables i will never buy another pair of neo's.And I loved the neopreams when I first got them.Bootfoots are warmer if it is real cold.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts