Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted on another board

On the beach about 7:30, tide was running out, surf was 4-5 and glassy. Bait fish were everywhere, almost constant showers. Tied on a mirrolure 22MR-11 with 80 lb leader. First strike nearly snatched the rod out of my hands, hauled in a nice 10 lb jack. The bait was everywhere, you could see the jacks and blues in the faces of the waves running the bait down. The jacks and blues had the bait pinned to the beach so tight that in knee deep water, you could feel the bait washing around your legs when the water came off the beach. For the next hour, almost constant hookups hauling in jacks and blues. There were even tarpon and a few sharks about. The action was unbelievable for about an hour and then around 8:30 it stopped, like someone threw a switch.

RodN

·
Registered
389 Posts
Great Report Koz! You and Flistell are making me jealous!

I'm going to try and get out to Sebastian Thursday early AM to fish the outgoing high (about 7:30 am)

I'll probably hit Bonsteel or the Shark pit coming back from the Inlet. Been dying to try out my new 12' pole in the surf!

·
Registered
210 Posts
10-6-03 730 AM to 900AM Floridana

Nice sized blues (2-3#) on virtually every cast. Using silver spoon and white bucktail jig. All hits either 10-20 yards or at about 75 yards. Only blues. Saw a few small sharks right at the shore but not using bait.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey flistell
You eating any of those blues your catching down there ?
And maybe saving the heads for the Toothies ?:D

·
Registered
210 Posts
Not a real fan of blues--only keep Spanish. Have only been fishing in AM after work, haven't gone for sharks, but will next week. These are the biggest blues I have caught in Florida. Really want big Jacks or Tarpon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts