Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I got a 9' star stellar and got to break it in today in the surf on stripers to 28".......then I buried the hook to my SP all the way into my hand, I had a 28" striper on rear hook at same time.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
A fishing buddy of mine replaced all his trebles with VMC or Owner inline hooks. They work great and add action to the lures.

I do not have the time to swap out all my hooks so I just pinch the barbs down. Works good for most fish except jumpers.

Capt Mike

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
A fishing buddy of mine replaced all his trebles with VMC or Owner inline hooks. They work great and add action to the lures.

I do not have the time to swap out all my hooks so I just pinch the barbs down. Works good for most fish except jumpers.

Capt Mike
All mine have 4x VMC's on them, I had half-assed crushed the barbs yesterday morning but not enough to make that an easy removal. The single hook helps the action? I've heard both sides, some say helps others say hinders but that will vary lure to lure too.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I cut the front treble off of my Gotcha plugs to avoid getting hooked by a blue or Spanish. It does help the action in most cases. It also reduces unwanted injury to the fish and keeps him lively when I'm trying to live bait him on a pin rig.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I cut the front treble off of my Gotcha plugs to avoid getting hooked by a blue or Spanish. It does help the action in most cases. It also reduces unwanted injury to the fish and keeps him lively when I'm trying to live bait him on a pin rig.
Been there done that

1 - 11 of 11 Posts