Pier and Surf Forum banner

boaters who need fishing partners

976 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Heaver 
#1 ·
I am a pier and surf fisherman only when I can't catch a hitch on a friend's boat, which is seldom. I am greatly interested in catching on with boaters who need fishing partners. I would gladly pay my share. I am off work every tuesday,wednesday and thursday and I'm ready to go fishing any chance I get.

#3 · (Edited)
Guys,

Be carefull with those "paid" trips as they may cause legal problems if something happens to you while onboard someones boat. ;) I know when I get my boat, there will not be any money exchanging hands...but your friends can bring some beer or food in lieu of a fare... ;)

#4 ·
Sandcrab's right, forget the mention of $. The only thing I'll ever ask when fishing my boat is to bring some snacks, something to drink, some bait and a bag or two of ice.:D I'm just happy to have some good company.:) If you really feel obligated you can wash down the deck at the end of the trip. Keeps me happy.

Catman.

#6 ·
On tidalfish they refer to folks who make up the crew as "Ho's" (plural form of the word). A single crewmember would be a "Ho". Use your imagination as to what this abbreviation means - I would be wary of typing its vulgar meaning here least I be banned from this board for life. Some crewmembers are paid to work the spreads, but the majority of the time it's captains looking for folk to join them for a fishing trip.

Fishing on someone's boat as an invited guest, with the captain of the boat taking all prudent precautions, for all practical purposes relieves the capt of liability. Well, almost, but I am not going to argue "what if" scenarios.

While I never "charge" anyone in that sense I do accept donations for fuel, oil, bait. I sometimes welcome guests aboard my boat, with simple prerequisites - own your own gear and know how to use it. Bringing any (or all) of the following helps: a couple bags of munchies, a 6pak of drinks, bait, or ice. Rarely does any beer come aboard. No bananas.

Lou

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.