Pier and Surf Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Looks like a 30 inch fish to me and possibly a 40" depending on the length of that rods butt, but I'm not disputing him. Good for you that you're schedule is open enuff to fish 5 days a week some people have to work more than that but good for you. Also good for you for catching more fish than everyone else, someone should give you a trophy.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Pomatomus salta you must just be jelious of the fish kracka has been catching. There are pics on this same thread of what appears to be a bluefish pushing 40". What does he have to prove to you? I don't know either one of you but clearly I can see who the fisherman is and I can also see who the asshole is. And honestly if you were as good at fishing as you were at being a internet tough guy and running your mouth there might not be any fish left

·
Registered
978 Posts
WOW, did this thread explode. :popcorn: Yikes! :eek:

I personally have fished with Kracka. He don't Bullshit on #'s. Most of those choppers were caught up in Jersey.

·
Registered
405 Posts
"Also good for you for catching more fish than everyone else" I dont claim to be doing that now , Mr. "(5 to 1)" does... ...and caliyellowtail - glad to see you realized i was talking numbers not size.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Pomatomus salta, It happens somewhere in the Delmarva area this time of year. You might have to travel sometimes. But you know that. This year it is close. I hope they show up around Kent Island for the guys. They use to.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Biggest reason there are very few chopper blues in the bay, is that the gulf stream runs much weaker and has much warmer and fresher water from melting ice up north.

I don't discus global warming so don't go there. I admit that I don't know enough to pontificate on the subject.

Couple that with nothing for them to eat (menhaden) and we catch 10 inch snappers in August instead of 12# slammers in June.

Blues travel a long way and use ocean currents to help migrate. Gulf stream no longer pushes them up the bay.

The reason for fewer bait-fish has more to do with habitat than over-harvesting.

·
Registered
405 Posts
andypat : Ii wish you could have seen it last year this time at indian river inlet !! I limited out almost every trip for 6 weeks straight....the bunker were committing suicide by jumping up on the rocks ,rather than being eaten by the voracious blues....it was savage bluefishing at its best.......

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
andypat : Ii wish you could have seen it last year this time at indian river inlet !! I limited out almost every trip for 6 weeks straight....the bunker were committing suicide by jumping up on the rocks ,rather than being eaten by the voracious blues....it was savage bluefishing at its best.......
I heard about the good blue fishing last year. I missed it. I just moved back to MD. in end of May. I wish the pier was open.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Who the hell would want to go out and get their limit of big blues especially for 6 weeks?

Tore them up again this morning. Got tired of catching so went ocean front plugging for stripes n still all blues.

·
Registered
405 Posts
"Who the hell would want to go out and get their limit of big blues especially for 6 weeks?"....ME .....and all the families I kept giving fish to..... sounds like you missed out last yr , capt wanna be !!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Lol I didn't miss on shit, they were even thicker then.
You and all the families, who the hell still wants 100-150lbs of blues every week? If they keep showing up like this the bluefish stock will crash just like the Striper stock did from all the big fish being kept.

61 - 80 of 114 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.