Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah bro you got to highlight the link then copy and paste it into your browser address bar. I think Tripod doesnt allow deep linking from other sites.

If you copy paste the addresses you will see the pics then just use your browser back button again and repeat to see the rest.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
It's a fake! Those pic were all computer generated! :D

There ain't no fish being caught at Lynnhaven or the Spit. ;)

Thanks GraphixDude for getting those out there. Poleant was out there too and a couple other P&S's. I was the one in the yellow jacket.

Thanks Bucket for letting me squeeze in next to you.

PS - GraphixDude, exceeded your bandwidth on tripod.

·
Banned
1,208 Posts
GDude,

THX for sharing the info/posts that got me there tonight at the first annual VA P&S.com Bluefish Slayfest @ Lynnhaven Pier :D

I expect your Michigan fish bag held out for ya ! BTW, your Tripod mess for viewing photos says you have exceeded your bandwidth try again in 2 hours. This to me is like you have been sent to the penalty box for roughing up the free website. This also happens where I work when folks get into heavily graphic websites an downloadin' stuff they shouldn't :eek:

Anyway back to the catchin' that ain't happenin' @ Lynnhaven Pier ... Chest2H&G no problem, we had plenty of room ... only issues were flying Gotcha plugs and working together to sling`em over the rail ;)

Good to meet you all as I continue to find that VA P&S are real good folks that are willing to share info/help each either via the web or on location.

Helped to get the major skunk off my rod tonight ... reminded me of my ol'NC pier days slingin' gotchas circa 1978-88 and just crushin'em :) To bad it's way to early for the Spanish Mac.

Good fishin'

`bucket

·
Registered
389 Posts
Just got home! Man what a fun time. Good to meet you Graphixdude and THE ALMIGHTY BUCKET and also to see Chest2head out there also.FFUUUNNN!!!!! :D

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hahaha...yeah the Michigan fishin bag held up good but that shirt had to go to the garbage - stretched out from carrying 70lbs or fish and stinkin way to bad to ever wash out.

I just finished cleaning all those freakin fish! damn...never again. Ill stick to bringing home 5 or less. Lot of fun to catch though.

It was really cool to meet all of you. It made it even more fun to know you guys were there.

I look forward to more slay fest with the P&S crew at lynnhaven and other places. This should be one hell of a summer.

I saw my pictures when I tried the links, but maybe because its my free account. When I finish with the Lynnhaven pier website I am doing for the owners I will put them up somewhere there. Also I will have my new web hosting service set up soon and will have a spot on there where all of us can download our pictures to. I will try the gallery with a few of the best pics and see if P&S will publish them here. Thanks for that suggestion.

See you guys again soon I hope and thanks for sharing the lures and the information.

P

·
0 Posts
Welcome to Tidewater GraphixDude. :)

:eek:A web site for Lynnhaven Pier. Now that's an idea that's "long overdue." Bless you GraphixDude. :D

BTW: when you're done with Lynnhaven's website would you mind making a few visits to Little Island Fishing Pier. Fishing can be quite good there. And possibly they might be interested in getting a website up and going.

Those pics were something else. From my experience, once the blues get here then the start of active fishing isn't long to follow. They sure beat the heck out of the soon to be dearly departed horse croakers in my book any day.

No offense meant here, I did enjoy seeing the first spring 2003 pic hit the gallery. But after a while, every time I clicked on that pic it seemed as though I could smell and taste those darn croaker. :mad: All thirty some of them. A mouth watering experience for sure. :p And I don't mean pleasant at all. :(

Hope the spot, pigfish, roundhead, flounder and trout start making a showing in the next 5 or 6 weeks.

Thanks for your contributions to P&S. :) :cool:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the warm welcome Surf Stirrer.
I will take a run out there soon and talk to them. If they want it I will hook em up for a good price. Maybe they will go for the web cam idea. Lynnhaven owners didnt want to put a cable connection in their shop and set up a computer to serv the webcam but maybe they will. I want to see a nice pier cam from VA. Every one I have found so far is inactive.

If any of you know someone that needs a site let me know, and if they pay me to do it I will share in the profits for the referal. That means you Surf Stirrer! Thanks for the idea to talk to them.

P

·
0 Posts
GraphixDude

The blues you've been catching on Lynnhaven are just the tip of the iceberg. Wait til you take on some of these big ones. I'm not sure if you've seen these pics on Heavers web site. This is a sampling of what's caught on Little Island Pier.
http://members.cox.net/files/fishpics/lioct50902.htm

http://members.cox.net/files/pierpics.htm

Here's another link that was provided by "Shoeless." You'll get an idea of how Little Island Pier may look in a couple years or so if the funding is approved for the city of Va Beach. This is an Adobe file so it may take some time to download. With the state of the art changes that are proposed, it's gonna be one heck of an attraction. They definitely could benefit from a web cam. I'm not sure as of yet whether there are plans to install one if and when the renovations are complete. I don't see how they can go wrong with a web site though.
http://www.vbgov.com/dept/parks/pdfs/Little-island-applic.pdf

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
chest2head

Yeah man I knew the limit was 10 per person, but I was fishing with three people. They don't eat the blues so they gave thier 10 to me.

I thought that was pretty cool that the owner of the pier wrote that book Linnux Red Hat Unleashed too. I never played with Linnux, but maybe someday I will. (Fishin is more fun than computers though) The owners of that pier are super cool people.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had to sneak the picture of my 14lb skate in there at the top along with females I got to meet that day at the pier. The rest are from Tuesday 29 (yesterday).

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Nice pics looking at that sometimes make me think I live in the wrong place

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey, where is the Lynhaven Pier located? I've been to the pier/jetties at Ft. Monroe, Buckroe Bch, Ocean View and VA. Bch, but never to that one. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts