Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son and I went out over the weekend to night fish with frozen finger mullet at the beach near Vero. We missed the first 4-5 hits then we each got a nice sized blue. Mine was 4 pounds, my son's was about 5 pounds. He caught another of about 4 pounds. Later, something real big hammered his bait and took off for Africa. It cut the 100# mono in short order. Either a shark or a blue several times bigger than the 5 pounder he caught earlier. This was a lot of activity in about an hour or so!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thats great to here.I have family in Vero and will visiting in late May.Thanks for the report it realy helps.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got an email from someone asking where we did the night fishing. I live in an oceanside community with access to the beach. It takes about 3 minutes to get down there. It is in the South Beach portion of Vero Beach, just south of the 17th St. Bridge. I asked about nite fishing at the tackle shop and they told me sharks are thick along with blues at nite. A finger mullet or half of one is fine for the blues and I was told that larger mullet or chunks of mullet/blue-fish were good for the sharks. Lots of sea weed lately, but when it clears out we will try it at nite again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.