Pier and Surf Forum banner

Bluefish Run

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Ajv5148 
If I could predict the time and place fish show up I wouldn't be working 40 hours a week to make ends meet that's for sure.
IF there is a bluefish "run" any day now at any of the beaches. The old saying is accurate "you don't know if you don't go"
Best of luck! I'll be fishing Bethany beach next weekend. Bluefish, drum, stripers, maybe some kingfish.

Thanks for replying. Just going to have to get my butt out there and wet some lines.
Yeah haha. I wasn't trying to be a dick with my comment, it's just a little more complex than a simple "when is it?"
I've been watching reports from all the Delaware tackle shops and it seemed like surf fishing was really picking up, on fire almost. But then the old inlet may tournament was won with 34 inches of fish. 8 hours of fishing and the best score was 34 inches of total fish? Doesn't sound "on fire" to me.
Every year is different! Good thing time fishing is never wasted.

Have you tried North Shore? I'd like to try that place, or somewhere south like Bethany or Fenwick. Looking for striper, flounder, blues or puppy drum.
Not sure what north shore is. I was in Bethany this weekend. Didn't fish as much as I wanted. Needed 8oz to hold bottom all weekend. One nice blue Saturday evening

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.