Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a good online place I can purchase the floats for a bluefish rig. THe bait and tackle shops near where I live only have the already tied rigs but I want to tie my own. I don't want to even try Anglers.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Wal-mart

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The walmat I have around here sucks but I will give it a try anyway, thanks. I guess it was a stupid question in retrospect

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
RedDog1 check this site out. My father used to get all his rod making supplies these folks.

http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/

From their home page click on the tab "CATALOG", you will see a bunch of pdf, click on the first one pages 1-6 and look on page 3.

Hopes this helps.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all you help guys, I found them at Bass Pro Shops. SHould have checked there first. That is why I love this site, always someone there to help. Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Sue Foster, quite a person, even in the dreariest(?), keeps us up to date on the beach fishing, as well as jetty, charter and anything else on the "shore" (with a little help from her friends). Other board I look at talks highly of her. Some day, I may get lucky enough to meet her face-to-face.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Oops, also, experiment with diffent sizes of cork (from wine bottles, if they even use cork anymore). Large enough needle to get line through eye, send through piece of cork and whaa laa. Just a thought.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Shaggy....I've talked to Sue a number of times in her Fenwick shop. Some lady she is. BTW plenty of wine bottle corks in this house. We started throwing them in a basket and there must be at least 50 of them in there now. See you Saturday.

Catman.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Okay, obviously I don't drink wine, and for the record, some still use cork "stoppers". But waht I want to know is, would my idea work or does one need predetrmined sizes from manufacturers to get correct bouyancey?

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Shagy...I don't see why it wouldn't work. The corks I have are 2 1/4" long x 3/4" in dia. Rite Aid sells a pkg of 7 heavy duty needles and has one in the pgk that's 3 1/2" long. You should be able to get 50# mono through the eye. As far as bouyancy who knows.

Catman.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts