Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to lynnhaven pier @ 300 pm on sunday, fished the bloodworm/squid combo near the end o the pier, did great on the skates caught about 10 or so, I saw nothing caught but skates all day. around 530 -600 I decided I would try the shallows near the fish cleanin station, got 1 3lb blue in @ 5 minutes. then more skates, while talking I noticed my two rods about to teeter toter over the edge of the pier, double on skates.
THEN about 40 min. before dark the blues turned on bigtime in the shallows 3-5 ft of water. put on a mirro lure and got a hit or caught a fish on about every cast. caught about 20 in the 2-4lb range, all nice medium sized. kept four to take home. after slinging 2o blues over the rail, I noticed I only had the front treble left, and decided to call it quits. great time patience paid off.

·
Registered
300 Posts
That was you down there? LOL...I was there too of course and SLAUGHTERING the sting rays (I was with those 3 females - I wore a blue converse shirt).

In total we as a group caught 6 puffer fish, 2 blues, a striper, 2 round heads and about 20 or more skates. One of the skates I caught and took a picture with weighed close to 14lbs when we measured it on the scale. The girls I was with seemed to have a good time, and all in all I was happy. If you were down in the shallows near sun down I talked to you - and also got a picture of you guys.

It was a pretty fun day wasn't it?
Hope to see you out on the pier again soon.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey fishing with three ladies not bad. yea I was there, I felt like I did pretty good considering I havent fished there in six or more months.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts