Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a heads up my pic with that blue is off by about ummmm 6 pounds!!! haa haa haa i sent two pics together and well that got posted with wrong pic. didnt want you guys thinking i told a hell of a fish story. hopefully i can get that 10 1/2 pounder posted pretty proud of that one especially out of broad bay passage.

buzz

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
uhhh huuhhh

Yeah was wondering looked kind of small for 10 1/2 lbs! No j/k.:p Nice blue anyway. Can't wait to see the 10 lber. I haven't even caught one over 1 1/2 yet so :( Maybe one day.

·
Registered
8,370 Posts
Great Neck Passage

Landed a nice 8 1/2 blue myself out ther.The only problem with fishin them storm shads,is its like cotton candy to them blues.I have mackeral rigged up 6 inch Storm with a red treble hook coming through the tail.I have yet had a Big Blue hit it,yet,but now I don't have to worry about half bitten Storms.

Hope to see ya out there this Fall!Do the stripers get Bigger in the Fall/Winter at the Passage?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes they get very big last year i caught a striper there between about 35 and 40 inches i didnt own a net so i never got him up the wall!! i tried walking him to the rocks and snap in the rocks !! this year about 5am i was heading down to fish and an a man was draging out two over 30"!!! my biggest there was about 33" we will definitly hook up down there this fall i will be hitting the wall up for flounder all summer i took home at least 20 keepers last year as well as some really nice drum largest 36 inches!!! good luck if you head out send me a pm i check p&s every morning

buzz

clear your pm's i tried to reply and it was full

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if you are coming from beach blvd you will make the left on adam keeling rd and park where the white trash can is. make sure you park behind it. had a cop tell me if you park in front of the can you are abstucting the turn lane and will ticketed and towed with in the hour. so dont make that mistake. if you are heading out there send me a message and i will try to make it out i fish on short notice.

buzz

·
Registered
8,370 Posts
Buzz-PM's are clear.Might be a glitch

sandflea-I cleared all PM's from the beggining,and I am still having problems.

yeah-I am the guy with the surf cart.I never really fished there and the the times,earlier in the season,was skunked numerous times,but Broad Bay is deffinitely the ticket.The WAll is definitely the place to fish if you don't have the time,current can be tricky,but if you fish the Passage long enough,the current can be your best friend.

Buzzz-next year I will take you to where the big trout are biting......3-6 lbs,(and your occassional citation in the mix),consistantly on storm shads!
And by the way,I heard you can catch some decent (eating size)sheepshead there too.Any truth to that ,Buzz?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.