Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help me with my cabin fever can anyone tell about the best Blitzes of 2002 that you had up here in CT there were no blitzes not that it was a bad year, but it wasn't a banner year.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Coco, i am going to be in old sayville, ct at the end of the month. is there any fishing still going on in that area during this time of year?

ralph

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings cocoflea!

I sent you a a description/report of one blitz that happened north of Pt Pleasant in October. For the most part, the fish stayed 0.5 to 1.5 miles off the main beaches this year. Partyboats, charters, and small craft had a ball jigging limits of stripers and tons of blues under the peanut bunker. Don't know why there were so few beach blitzes this year, but I think one reason was the lack of classic Nor'Easters blowing the bait close to the shore. Another reason could be that the pods of bait just weren't thick enough for the fish to trap the schools against the beach. Well, that's one man's theory....

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ralph I wish I could help you but that is about an hour from were I live and I don't fish when it is very cold I ask my friends that fish up there and there are party boats close fishing for cod but I will keep an ear open for you.

·
Registered
797 Posts
coco, i appreciate that you asked around for me. i will be there on 1/30, if you are interested i will let you know what is going on there. i hear there a shop there called north cove outfitters that is a must to visit while there. check out their website, it looks cool. thanks again!

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ralph my contact tells me that there is some striper action on the thames river which is pretty close to Old Saybrook I sure the Tackle shop can give you details as to were to fish and what to use.

·
Registered
797 Posts
coco, right on!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts