Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you been affected by the Blaster Worm they keep talking about on the news??? It got me yesterday and everytime i got online i got a 60 second counter saying my PC would shutdown. The Washington Post has a proposed fix for this worm. Here is the Link to it:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A51894-2003Aug12.html
Im waiting for the counter to pop up again so i can see if this fix gets rid of the worm. Ill post results when i have them..........Tight Lines

MC

·
Registered
55 Posts
i have it on my home pc
try this

fyi

Boot up your computer
Await the message informing you of the shutdown in 60 seconds
open up start > run and type in "shutdown.exe -a" (minus the quotes)
Now that the shutdown procedure has stopped, you have time to grab the patch
Once you're all patched, use a virus scanner to check if you have one of the variations that leaves files on your hdd

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ive already taken care of the worm

I followed what they had in the washington post and it worked. After that i got the patch which blocks the worm. If i would have been running my windows update program daily i would not have had to deal with thet worm........Tight Lines

MC

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Got th worm Mon night, didn't find out I had th worm till Tue morn when Norton informed me it had a virus it couldn't do chit with. Well on top of that apparently I had other issues with my software,so I couldn't use th tool. So long story short I'm finally back and worm free. :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.