Discussion Starter #1
Shouldn't blackfish be availible now?
If anyone has any knowlege about when they
should arrive, let me know.

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
oh, they're here......
but the Bay fish aren't very active cuz the water temps are still below 40.

Offshore some are being caught. If you don't have your own boat, the Lynnhaven and Rudee boats should be toggin and sea bassin.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello everyone, I am relatively new to the board and to the Tidewater area, could someone give me some directions or instructions to the to boats mentioned above. :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello, I'm a farely new surf fisherman just introduced to the sport. Can anyone tell me what a black fish is? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
guess this is my thread..... :rolleyes:

Blackfish = tautog

not usually considered a shoreline species, but I've done it and seen it.

Usually fished for over wrecks, reefs and rockpiles from boats.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I love this website. The people are curtious and accommodating. You guys are a pleasure to interknow.

Let the reel sing.

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Let's see, april 4...that's a friday. Pretty good day of the week for catching croakers.

Is it your birthday or something???????

If the lower bay water temps are 53 or higher, I'd say your best bet will be standing next to me, up the street from my house. Late day, early evening, cold beverage close by. There may even be a trout or 10 on the menu. :cool:

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Bubba take me id be up for that trip. Maybe the first croaker might be caught in
Sandbridge. Keep an eye out on the reports.
Puppy cpuld be caught there soon I hope!!

Rick

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Nah just trying ta rattle your cage,but you are too good fer that.Trout hmmm well th cold beverage sounds good too.See ya soon :D

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Fishman, your welcome to come along anytime.
I'll be doing the early season thang in willoughby once the water temps get up. If I had to guess, early april this year. Gotta get this pesky trip to Belize in mid march out of the way first...... :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts