Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was fishing down at Anglin's Pier in Ft. Lauderdale today. Action was definitely a little slow, although I did see a few cobia near the T around 1:15pm and a nice big snook working the pilings in close about maybe 2pm.

I caught six black margate near the pilings close to the T on shrimp. I gave one of them to a fellow angler and took home two myself. The rest were released, but here is a good photo of one of them.

None were too big, I think the biggest went around 12 inches, but hey it was a beautiful day, and we don't have black margate on my part of the Gulf Coast.

I did also manage to get broke off again by a decent fish. It took me straight to the pilings and hand me my you know what. Could have been a big mutton snapper or a grouper.

I did see GatorKong from the Boatless Forum get a short grouper and a keeper amberjack.

All in all, I really enjoyed my short stay down here. It was good to meet a bunch of the Boatless guys along with a few others this weekend.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Nice report! I hate to see you come down on such a horrible time though! The fishing has been so slow lately! I went to juno on friday and saw two, 5 inch i dont know what species fish caught; all we managed to get was a crab! Oh well beats a day at school anyday, i have to admit though, despite the freezing weather in the morning it sure was a beautiful day! Oh well, at least you managed to get some fish in the cooler! Good job!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Inshore--Thanks for the reply. Like I said though, I had my shot at a few nice fish and the margates kept me from getting skunked. Plus they were pretty tasty as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts