Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
They're a lot bigger this year than in years past. I've caught them the last two times I was back. They came in on peeler, squid and sand fleas (I prefer fleas).

I caught them at Chick's Beach and Sandbridge right in the wash--don't cast too far or you'll likely miss them (unless you're up inside the inlet). I actually saw one finning like a pompano in about five inches of white water, sucking down sand fleas!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Artificials

I have never caught a black drum. What would you suggest I throw at them? I will surely end up throwing everything in my box at them to see what works but do you have an old faithful lure for blacks when they are in the wash? You dont have to give away all of your hard earned secrets, but a hint would be reel nice. :D

·
Registered
196 Posts
OK gus, I'm heading out there one night this weekend. I'll bring the kid and he can bottom fish while I toss crab and lures to the drum. This is fair warning guys, I'll be there and the fish won't be. :(

In all seriousness (or not :) ) I figure I'll head there and catch both sides of the outgoing fri or sat. Hope everyone does well.

Keep 'em tight ...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.