Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and cannot find anything on bag limits or size restrictions for black drum in NC - anyone got any help?

Thanks
:fishing:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just called NCDMF and there are know size or creel limits on black drum in NC. I learned something new. Thanks for posting that question. Keep'em screamin.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Wow that is interesting. I checked all over the place, and it's true! No limit.

·
Registered
72 Posts
No size limit

but they have to be several pounds to have a decent size fillet. A lot of waste on these fish in guts, head and bone, so only keep him if he is 4-5 pounds or bigger to get a good size fillet. I throw em back but hey thats me. Should have seen the look I got yesterday at the point when I let that 25" puppy back in the water. Don't get me wrong, I ate one last week. JMHO

Bubba Feesh

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not going to keep any little ones i was concearned because of the way the slot limit is on the Reds. I generally release everything i catch but the wife wants me to bring something back to her next weekend when i am down that way.

I did some looking for about 45 minutes and saw nothing - I knew if i posted here it wouldnt take long for an answer.

thanks guys

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just got my first black drum on Ocracoke today and he was about 4-5 lbs, delicious tender meat from the filets. Not what I was expecting at all!

TJ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts