Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand things are HOT at OIB pier, Trout bite is going on using Texas Rattiln Rigs, Kings doing well as so with Black Drum. Is this true elsewhere? Here I am exiled at the foot of the Blue Ridge while the non fishing part of the family uses the house there. Just isn’t fair. I’ll get back at them, won’t let them stay here during Leaf Season this fall while I’m down there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I understand things are HOT at OIB pier, Trout bite is going on using Texas Rattiln Rigs, Kings doing well as so with Black Drum. Is this true elsewhere? Here I am exiled at the foot of the Blue Ridge while the non fishing part of the family uses the house there. Just isn’t fair. I’ll get back at them, won’t let them stay here during Leaf Season this fall while I’m down there.
better wait till fall. lots of little fish around, bait stealers. waters hot. like 85 degrees. spanish are out about 1/2 mile off shore

·
Registered
2 Posts
its not that hot. little bait stealers. water temp 84 degrees. enjoy the mountains and salt in early fall. i live 25 miles from wrightsville beach and not much going on anywhere around here. went 2 days last week, miserable

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
its not that hot. little bait stealers. water temp 84 degrees. enjoy the mountains and salt in early fall. i live 25 miles from wrightsville beach and not much going on anywhere around here. went 2 days last week, miserable
Wrightsville has been popping off all week..........

·
Registered
867 Posts
Saw some Spanish jumping within range in the surf at fort fisher but I broke lure off before they were within range.

Caught one drum and trout in the bay last week on spinner bait. What little mullet we saw were too small to try to net

·
Registered
79 Posts
Don't know what's going on today with this mullet blow coming up the coast, but I was fishing on that pier on July 28 just killing time and the croakers were eating fish bites blood worms two at a time. Didn't take long to fill a bucket with the tasty little guys. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts