Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to PierandSurf for the birthday message. I began my day at 630am and arrived at the beach before 8am...got set up and really excited about my birthday fishing day..brought the wife and the dog along to accompany my cooler of beer and grill :cool: Things started off real slow...i thought maybe i had chosen a bad spot on the beach (I am still learning how to read the beach, any advice appreciated) After a couple hours the wife starts landing Kingfish(sea mullet, VA mullet)so she keeps fishing and out of no where she starts screaming that she has something big, she fights it on her small tackle and gets a HUGE red drum up to the final breaker and attemps to beach it and just like a magic trick *POOF* gone...at least we got to see the thing...this happens at least 3 more times as the REDS ARE HERE swimming up and down the beach, i hook into some and lose some but manage to get a couple for the grill!!! On top that with the full moon the tide was crazy, i flipped the kayak running baits out and gave that up and then came back and landed this nice flounder, after that things slowed down, caught some small pompano and pinfish, packed up and headed out before sun down..10 hours of awesome fishing and a birthday to remember...fish again tonight!!Enjoy a few of the pics :fishing:

AN END TO AN AWESOME BIRTHDAY OF FISHING!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Awsome Day

Looks like you had an awsome day there, got me pumped. Will be pullin out to head that way in about 2 more hours. Can't wait! Great report!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, i was wondering why my post had 130 views and no replies...Mr T give me a call when you get in my number is on the PM..love to hit it up with you tomorrow

Dave

·
Registered
217 Posts
Nice work! What beach were you on and what bait did the bigger reds take? Did you have to yak the bait out for the reds or were they within casting distance?

Glad you got into some fish!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey...Happy Birthday ......sounds like a day to remember ! Thanks to God that your wife understands and appreciates your need to fish .....

·
Registered
91 Posts
Happy Birthday!
I been following your post, welcome back to the US.
Are you in the military?

Thanks 4 all you do!

Great fishing reports!

You are lucky, like me, I married a hot chick that lovez 2 fish!:fishing:

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Great post. Happy birthday.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Guys!!

All of this took place at Onslow Beach and the Reds were hitting cut finger mullet from casting distance (i always wade out a bit makes me feel like im one with nature) also threw gotchas until my arms fell off (no luck)and yakked out BIG mullet on my shark rigs..i love to do it all and usually just for the sport and pics but now and then i keep some to eat and wow were they good...for the other question i recently got out of the Marines after 8 years, it was a blast...hope i answered any questions and good luck those reds should be around a little while longer but the mullet bait wont!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts