Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a bike ride Tuesday and saw birds working in the shorebreak just north of Ramada. I didn't have my rod, but I considered throwing my bike at them. Weather conditions are the same - sheeety - they may be back today, tomorrow, Thursday...

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Did you notice anything breaking under them? Were they just at the edge of the bar?

I really have high hopes for Saturday--looks to be 65 and slightly cloudy.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I think sunday will be good too. I plan on surf fishing sandbridge.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't see any fish breaking, but the big gulls were definitly picking something from the water. They were in the slough between the bar and the beach. It felt fishy and looked fishy. Of course, that doesn't mean it was fishy. If it had been November, I would say it was fishy. After months of fishlessness, it was exciting. Once this weather moves out, all the rules will be changed. Saturday, something will be biting somewhere...

Good luck

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
By the way whats running now?
My heater! :) Man it's 40 degrees tonight.

Croaker has been the most consistent bite. You should do good in your Lynnhaven spots, Fishnkid. The weather should be good too for your spring break - extended forecast calls for 70's all next week. It should turn something on. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Yeah, I'm still 'trolling' the board. I need to get this skunk off my back.
Entertaining the 'rents this coming week and may convince them that I should go wet a line to catch them some fish rather than making their usual stop at D&M.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
fishnkid, I would say flounder are a possiblity around chix/lesner not sure but I know boaters are getting em at the cbbt small boat channel.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Nice, im looking forward to my first fish of 2003. Im planning on fishing lynnhaven for the most part and off the first chance a few times. I will try and post some but im not sure if that computer down there is gonna be useable. Might of try some kayak fishing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts