Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit Rudee Inlet with Poleant tonight. As the night wore on the wind decreased. Total of 4 flounder caught. No keepers though. However, I did witness Poleant catch the largest Speckled Trout I have ever seen. Grocery store, in a boat or on a pier. I didn't say he pulled her in the boat though. The fish broke the line creating a tormenting memory. If the citation is 5lb & 24" this fish dwarfed such a requirement. My guess is that the fish was all of 8.5 to 10.5 pound category. Lesson learned? Do not try and grab a Speck. by it's gills? They get a bit cranky! :eek:

FISHING MATE PIER CARTS-

Let me know if anyone would like one. I think Oceans East will give a great price if a few guys want one.

"Thank God I Can Fish" Says Poleant. :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Where do and how you guys fish when go to Rudde's? I usually fish near restaurant or next to jetty. :confused:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sunday night was my first time fishing in Rudee Inlet. We were fishing along the grass near the Police Boat Storage area. It is half way in between the boat launch & where the bridge is. There are some small creeks back there.

Thank God I Fish.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I was wading in the sounds in NC a year ago, with a buddy, who hooked the biggest spec that I've ever seen, and I did the same exact thing.

I touched the line, and tried to get my hand up under her belly to lift, and in one shake she was gone.

Lesson learned.

THROW MORE / SOME / ANY / MAYBE A FEW BACK

Jake Ace

·
Registered
291 Posts
i hate to say it but almost doesnt count. I lost two citation flounders last year in like a period of 2 days. I didnt get anything except mad.

W

·
0 Posts
Guys, when I fish the rocks or beach on Rudee, I carry a large net with an extension handle - which extends out almost 8 feet.
Its kept me from BUSTIN' ARS several times down there on slippery rocks - especially at night when ya' can't see the slippery parts to well.
And in the boat, it works well also - in the shorter mode.
But this story is a familiar one. As no one ever started out fishing, buying a net along with a set of fishin' tackle. Nope, the nets only became a standard to "always carry" after a story like that one. Too Bad.
But it's still there ! :rolleyes:

Tom

1 - 18 of 18 Posts