Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got in from fishing tonight. We're down here at Hatteras for a few days. I hooked into something extremely powerful tonight.

I think it was a big Ray based on how it felt. No head shaking at all. Just powerful runs followed by sitting still. It felt like trying to wind in a couple of 5 gallon buckets filled with water that made line dumping powerful runs. Fought whatever it was for a good 35 minutes when all of a sudden my 20 lb test went POW and snapped. I had the drag torqued down pretty good since I figured it was a ray.

No real noticeable take either. Just started reeling in and felt huge resistance. My gosh at the power though! My All Star 1508 was doubled over!

What you guys think? Ray?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just got in from fishing tonight. We're down here at Hatteras for a few days. I hooked into something extremely powerful tonight.

I think it was a big Ray based on how it felt. No head shaking at all. Just powerful runs followed by sitting still. It felt like trying to wind in a couple of 5 gallon buckets filled with water that made line dumping powerful runs. Fought whatever it was for a good 35 minutes when all of a sudden my 20 lb test went POW and snapped. I had the drag torqued down pretty good since I figured it was a ray.

No real noticeable take either. Just started reeling in and felt huge resistance. My gosh at the power though! My All Star 1508 was doubled over!

Most likely I'd say

·
Registered
2,867 Posts

Flattosaurus.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.