Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK People, fish-on, went to the pier at 3pm today with 8 and Bait and Shoeless. Plenty of Horse Croakers. Should be good fishing this weekend. TightLines Everyone. :)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Come on New York. You know damn well there aren't any fish out there. Lies, lies, lies, I tell ya. Except for the horse croakers I caught! :D

·
Registered
389 Posts
Well hot dang! it's about time.I hear croaker is good eaten,is that right?Caught plenty in the bay but they were returned for another day.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I plan on going fishing this weekend. See you all there if you go.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
oooooH....You said the "C"word!I am gonna tell mama.

Awesome......weird how a little water temp change can change things.

How far out were yall casting to them thorobreds?

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Surf-n-Turf,we can't let all these guys have all the fun.....

You want to catch some croakers...err...horse-heads...err...Shark bait,this weekend?Sounds like the water temps may be peferct.Lemme know your plans.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Went out to sandbridge yesterday from about 1300-1430. Very rough conditions, surf and wind. No croakers around or anything else, Used squid for bait. I was the only one on the pier. Noticed that the water is very shallow from 1/2 up the pier to the beach. It was low tide but I can't remember it being that low.

Sly

·
Registered
500 Posts
You must have left just before I got there. It was pretty low out there and the waves were rocking the pier. I stayed a total of 15 minutes and called it quits. This weekend should be good.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Sat. winds W 10-15 temp 68, Sun winds W 5-10 temp 63. SOLUNAR table says poor days to fish. Water temps say poor day to fish. Temp says great day to sun and blow off the dust.

·
Registered
135 Posts
All you sad sad fishermen and women are going to be stuck here catching all these little Croaker while I'm at the point catching puppy drum, stripers, blues, sharks, and maybe a big red this weekend.... :p

P

·
0 Posts
8AnBait

I'll stick close to home and fish the local waters. Heck I might even splurge afterwards and head to a fancy restaurant and have a good meal. I'll be thinking bout you with every forkful.

Sure hope you catch something. And enjoy your meal of beans and franks. Cause after spending half a year's salary on filling up your gas tank, beans and franks are probably gonna be as good as it gets. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I'm with 8anBait - I'm heading south too on Saturday. Best meal on the island is the Saturday fish fry at the Hatteras Volunteer FD. (Too bad it hasn't started yet)

But I might just have to check LI out on Sunday.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts