Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been experimenting with seats, the one thing I have found is "There ain't much paddin' in them things". Well, unless you want to plunk down the big bucks for a Surf to Summit rig. Soooo put in a call to Middle Wilber at Va Tech and asked the Engineer for his point of view, he said nothing beats air for distributing weight and the other issue to take into account is drainage. The answer Bubble Wrap, the 1 inch bubble kind. Water runs right around the bubbles and drains great and a triple layer is unbeliveably soft. You can also cut a piece big enough to wrap up the sides of your seat to make that more comfortable.

PS A whole roll at the Office store is $5.00 and is enough to make twenty seats.

PPS After reading the post, I see I failed to mention that the Bubble wrap is in addition to what even seat you are currently useing, it does not replace the seat.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the first time I used it a couple of the bubbles popped, no big deal hundreds more. No special rig just cut it long enough to make 3 layers. Done.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure But I think the 3 layers thick is why they don't pop or maybe it's my padded Arse.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
hmm I have the ride 135 where the seat is fixed on the yak so I guess I would just have to tape it to the top of the seat versus trying to shove it under. Thanks Wilber I will have to try that and look forward to fishing with you real soon!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
ok this might be the dunb A$$ question of the year but what about a foldable jonboat seat?? i have one that would fit perfectly and would be easy to attache...this could be one of those "well it was supposed to work" things but an idea anyway
Donald

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Just bought a Surf to Summit GTS Elite on Ebay for $86 +16.99 sh/h = $102.99 w/ shipping.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.