Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where would I have the best chance for hooking up with some Blues this weekend? Have a buddy who's visiting who's never done much saltwater fishing, and he wants to catch a blue (or 10).

Thanks.

·
Registered
146 Posts
ropiv,

Early string I do really well off the Willouby Spit. The key here is to fish for fresh spots/croakers-catch one and fillet that for bait. The blues are there early in the morning or early evening before the sunset. If they are in there you should get one the first 5-10 minutes. If you use lures, a sinking, whitish-with red head miorrur lure works best. For the Croakers/Spots shrimp is best. Hope that helps.

~SPG
:D

·
Registered
290 Posts
GraphixDude reported them at Lynnhaven yesterday.

Shoeless and sandcasting reported them at LIP Wednesday.

Take your pick and bring some foul weather gear ;)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yeah a couple were pulled from Lynnhaven but mostly round heads and puffers biting there the last few days. I am anxious to catch a blue!

Looks like its raining and my fish'n buddies are not really wanting to go. I guess I might not get the chance but maybe they will change thier minds. I am using someone elses pole (broke till monday and can't rent one at the pier) so if they dont go i wont be able to either.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Blues were being caught again today at the LIP. Gotchas, cut bait, squid, jigs w/ white curly tails all produced.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts