Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for one that holds 15,20 lb test with around 300yds cap
I have looked at the shimano baitrunners but they are too expensive,probably not meant for someone my age Im only 17 :fishing:

·
Registered
636 Posts
shimano 350

Here's an alternative... an older Shimano
Check eBay and you will find in the completed auctions a few Shimano 350's
This is the baitrunner before the 3500.

You will see them selling for under $40. One just got no bids last week at $45. It was more or less in near new condition too.

I bought one last year on eBay for $32 and I like it... solid and works well.
It is smaller than a 3500 and balances well on a 7' or 8' rod. Small enough to use as a plugging spinner but its a baitrunner for bait.

Dave

·
Registered
628 Posts
I have an okuma avenger baitrunning that cost me like 50 bucks at Cabela's.

Honestly, I would keep saving your money and buy the shimano, or as others said you can get a used shimano.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I just saw a used great condition Shimano 3500 sell for $65 on a board (trusted member) and it was spooled with Power Pro as well for that price. That is about $10 under what I see them sell for without Power Pro. It didnt last long but those deals do pop up, especially if you have all winter to look for one.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I just saw a used great condition Shimano 3500 sell for $65 on a board (trusted member) and it was spooled with Power Pro as well for that price. That is about $10 under what I see them sell for without Power Pro. It didnt last long but those deals do pop up, especially if you have all winter to look for one.

I agree with this tactic.Be patient and grab the right deal.I've bought several rods and reels that were practically new from these boards and I have saved a bundle of money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.