Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO yeah, I was pretty set on spooling up with some Yo-Zuri Hybrid 20#, but then I talk to the guy at Digitaldagger.com and he told me the best line out there right now for spinning is this Ironsilk stuff. He says it stretches a lot less than reg mono and it ties better knots than the hybrid stuff. Does anyone have any experience with this stuff?

·
Registered
102 Posts
itsme-I use yo-zuri hybrid & never have any problems w/knots.Didn't lose any fish so far w/it.Really like the smaller dia & castability.If you use a spinner,just watch your finger.Never heard of Ironsilk.Tight lines

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Last winter I tried the Yozuri and pulled it off the reel into the trash way to stiff. On the Ironsilk I don't like the colors it is in. But I have had some good recomendations on the stuff. I will try it soon. I use Sufix, Gamagatsu, P-line, and a few others.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, I know what you mean about the color, only two choices. I chose the low vis green, just because the other seemed too bright. I had my girlfriend spool her own reel with it and she said that static kept on building up and shocking her as she was reeling. It did seem to come off the spool with less memory than mono.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts