Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been here and fished??

"Anglers fishing from the Sea Gull Pier, which extends from the southernmost of the four man-made islands at the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel"

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Yes!!

A great place to fish! It will cost you $10 to get on though(price for getting on the CBBT) Lots of types of fish are caught there and the best part is it is all concrete so I don't think it will be going anywhere soon. Look at the hot spots to the left for directions.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jason is this pier closer to the MD Route 13 or Virginia Beach side?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I have fished there before in the summer months..it can be a lot of fun..Kiptopeake state park is also on the way..you may want to check that out..It's on my list to hit next spring and or summer.:)

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Virginia Beach side I believe. It is only about 20 to 25 minutes from Rudee Inlet and about 10 mins from FT. Story.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was looking at the driving directions, it's about 230 miles and 5 hour drive from my house. It would a long day.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Yeah it is far away but if you have a weekend to do it, it is worth it.:)

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So what the word about this weekend's SmackDown?

Still on?

Where?

Time?

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Not sure? I guess it is back to PLO. The problem is nobody wants to go out and get skunked. Anthony and I said that from the beginning but now it seems to be a problem. It should probably be postponed but who knows.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
They don't want it to be on a pier because then distance would not be a factor. They know they can cast better than most of us so they want it to be on a beach or shore. But it doesn't matter, I just want it to be done and over with. Too much hype you know what I mean:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know what you mean.

It almost makes winning Co-Angler of the month not worth the honor, or the work you put into it.

There should be guide lines set in stone for open challenges like this one.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Orest

Sea Gull was real spotty this year. I personally caught nothin but skates. However there is a semi P&S gathering this sat out there. (We in Va aint as organized as you folks;) ). Hope ta get some striper fillets for th dinner table. Your more than welcome to come on down. I'll prolly be out there from 3pm to whenever I leave.

·
Registered
11 Posts
CBBT FISHING TOURNEY END OF MONTH

Just took a look at the Sea Gull Pier link that Fl Fisherman provided. Off of that is a link to the CBBT Web Page that announces a fishing tournament Nov 28,29,30. Here's the direct link:
http://www.cbbt.com/rocktournament.html
This will be at Sea Gull Pier, $10 bridge toll plus $5 entry fee.
One tournament is midnite-to-midnite 29 Nov. Some $87K in cash/prizes.
Catch the new Va State Striper Nov 28,29,30 and you pocket $50K. If the record stands until Jan 1, 2004 you pocket an additional $25K. No fishing licence required when fishing from the pier.
Now, it might just be worth the 5 hour drive from Severn, MD for me and the son to participate that weekend. A heck of a lot more fun than buying lottery tickets. And who knows what might happen...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Wow! That is one tournament! I might try to make it out there with all that $$$ on the line! Some big stripers get caught around there, even though mostly from boats but there is always a chance! If anyone goes bring a pier net! Thanks for the heads up.:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts