Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in richmond va trying to plan a shore fishing trip for the summer are their any beaches where you can fish 24 hours and park close to the beach or better drive on the beach.

·
Registered
288 Posts
For all it's wonder, virginia has elected to allow every square inch of surf to be dedicated in the chase of the almight tourist dollar...

The best sandflea action nearby is on the Outer Banks of NC...

Basically Oregon Inlet south to the bottom of Ocracoke.

Virginia does offer some vehicular access on the eastern shore, but it costs money, and you may wait all day until someone leaves so you can go on.... quota system.......limited number of vehicles allowed on beach at any one time.. and, the amount of time it would take to drive from RIchmond to the Eastern shore, you can be on O-coke cathin jawz...(if he is there ;) )

So,, If'n ya wanna put yer buggy on the beach and fish...

GO south Young man...

Unfortunately this is too true....I am a born virginian..and Have to go to NC to fish...aint dat a biatch....

Custer

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
For all it's wonder, virginia has elected to allow every square inch of surf to be dedicated in the chase of the almight tourist dollar...
They have not snagged:Chix,both inlets;Lesner and Ruddee,W.Spit,All of Ocean View,SandBridge.

Alot of walkin but if ya ain't got the means to head down South,These are a couple of my favorite productive spots.

·
Registered
288 Posts
True NS4D...but I have norfolkphobia...and know so little about the area, I did not feel like I knew enough to comment on the opportunities in that area......I do know If'n ya want to drive on the sand ya gotta go up 13.....

I gotta hook up wit some of ya'll southside feeshin experts and find a way to put some bait in da water with out driving south...

But sunrise and suset on HI, are as close to heaven as I've seen on earth....

Custer

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
But sunrise and suset on HI, are as close to heaven as I've seen on earth....
I am with ya on that....spent a couple of overniters down south a couple of times this past striper season,and planning on Drummin this spring/late fall.

But as for trying to head south every time I can fish....which is not very often or very long,there are some productive spots in our own backyard.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Custer my man, far from a southside expert myself, but got a coulpe places to try. Ya still got my digits? Give me a holla come spring an if we aint both down south we'll travel over to th other side of th water. :cool:

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Yep.......just because our planks are down and out(temporarily I hope) ,there are some pretty nice holes around tidewater:) ....just gonna have to get a little sand on yer feet and get back to basics ;) ....the R

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Custer,

Hook on up with Cdog, and come on down and see me. Been showing the dog a few of my spots last fall.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Yep Custer, Doc will set us up. Learned many a thing about feesh'n my backyard so ta speak since meeting him. A great guy to hang out with too.

BTW Doc,think I'll be on your side of th water tomorrow with cooler. :)

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
well, dayumm!

...that's "dang" and yum together

Dog, I have friends comin in from outta town this weekend. That's perfect timing!
Whenya gonna be down this way. Lunch maybe? My treat, and we can BS awhile.

Pier fished(ifn you can believe it) with Mr. Custer once. Had fun. Also had a feeling he was a sandflea at heart!:p

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Lunch maybe? My treat, and we can BS awhile.
Ya buying? Chit I'm there! :D Will call ya around th din din time. Ya gonna bring cooler or ya can keep mine till th next time we fish. ;)

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
yup, I'll bring somethin. It's so cold, prolly hold in the back of the truck for a day or two...:D

call me @ 11 if you can...

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
sorry cannvelle

shoulda taken care of some of this in IM.

we've been talkin about willoughby and chix(sp) beach areas.
there are lot's of places with plenty access, but walk only. As Custer said, driving on the beach requires some more travel.

Ifn you don't care about walkin out, there are plenty o' places here to wet a line and have a nice chance at catchin some!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yep...Doc..
Got me and OM and am ready fer Buckroe to do a phenix and rise from da ashes...

I due luv dat sand tween da toeseys.....

Plus, I luvs me buggy soooo much I gits seperation anxiety...

tho...I do need to learn mo about da back yard....as a yougin I had a boat and lived on Hodges Cove (Tha' R and Wilber should be able to find dat)...so most of me fishing was vertical..........witout da splinters....

Yeh Dog..yer number is in cell, on puter and on paper...ya aint gittin away :eek: :p

Custer

1 - 14 of 14 Posts