Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jesus. What's the GVWR on that thing? Love to see pics of its show trailer and tow vehicle. Is the microwave inside one of the cabinets?
Nice ride.
Tires and axles will handle one ton, lol Finished it will weigh just under 500 lbs, it will have more rubber touching the sand than an average truck and 1/10th the weight, 3 positive drive wheels, top speed 3.5 mph. It will be side loaded into a custom topper on a f350 lariat 8' flatbed and camper behind. Not sure where you get the microwave from, lol
Thanks Gorge!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What, nowhere to sleep? Tighten up man:) I like it. Wish it could go down to False Cape...
DHL The bag chair/sleeper I've been drooling over should do the trick, problem is funds, darn thing is almost $400.
False Cape... wow those beaches go on forever, I wanna go too, so what stopping you?

Wow, that's some serious craftsmanship, looking forward to seeing it completed.
Thanks L8, You and I both, so much left to do and most is tedious wiring.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think that may be to large for piers.
Hi Benji, Good thought, if they haven't change the rules in the last year we should be good to go, if it fits through the gate you can take it, legally gates have to be 36 inches for handicaps which I am; cart is 34x72, 90 percent of my fishing is surf and normally the other 10 percent is on the skyway piers and you can drive out on those.

Not a huge fan of fishing shoulder to shoulder on outcrop piers, most folks are nice but it only takes one to ruin your day. I fish for relaxation, fun and comfort at my age, but mostly for the fish. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,196 Posts
Other thought is that the carpet is going to get gross (especially if you use it on the beach) over time and is harder to clean. Have you thought of painting it with bed liner. Then you could easily hit it with a hose, or pull it through a carwash.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top