Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am coming down next weekend, and was needed some help with a question. I have looked under S.C. DNR, and the best I can come up with is that I do not need a saltwater license, if I am fishing from the beach. Is this correct, or do I need a license. Will be fishing Cherry Grove area, weekend after Thanksgiving. How is the bite down that way recently. Thanks in advance for any info, and if anyone is down that way, I will be pulling a little red wagon on the beach, stop and say hello.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I'll be there

Somewhere near 6th ave(?). I'll be pulling a two wheeled blue cart:fishing::fishing: I'm leaving Md Sunday and coming back to Md after thanksgiving

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
No license to surf or pier fish, only on private boats. You'll also need a license to net bait fish (mullet) but not shrimp for bait, unless caught over bait.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
[ You'll also need a license to net bait fish (mullet) but not shrimp for bait, unless caught over bait.[/QUOTE]

How much does a license cost to net mullet? Have been doing it for years on vacation and had no idea you need one for that.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I'm not even sure if the mullet will be around. license is needed, good luck. im calling this a season but there are some fish out there.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not expecting to much. It is just hard to go to the beach, and not a least try to catch a fish. I just need to make sure i'm legal. After my recent trip to Portsmouth Island, i would not expect that to many fish made it past my rods anyway. LOL.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Thanks guys, good info to know.

I always pick up my NC saltwater license at Walmart every year. Can this be included with that or do you have to have a separate license all together for SC?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts