Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always get my permit in person when i get down there. This year we weren't going to make our spring trip but as things stand now we will be coming down on the 22 of May. Do you think the NPS will be open to get it when we get there or should i order it online? If i do it online will i get it before we leave?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Call the NPS and ask if anyone answers. If not I would order on line immediately and keep a copy of the receipt in case it doesn’t come before you leave. Or better yet can you send it to where your staying. If renting, maybe call the reality company and ask to have it mailed there. Just suggestions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I always buy mine online. When you buy it it gives you a temporary permit to print out and you just stick that on your dash until the permanent one comes.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
The on-line receipt printout is the Permit, make sure you print all pages. The sticker is just for the NPS to visually check.that you possess the permit, without going on-line.

Put the Receipt printout on the dash and you are good to go. Make sure you place the fold that states the pertinent information visible.

The sticker comes by mail in the past about one month later. May take longer at the moment.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Good info. I couldn’t remember how log it took to get here. So I didn’t want to give him the wrong info. I usually order mine in June for the year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts