Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been fishing out at willoughby spit past couple trips and havnt caught a single fish. Not that thats new news or anything. I was wondering if anyone knows what they are building out there. When i saw they were doing something a while back i thought it was some kind of sewage or water run off deal or some new breakwater rocks. I was taking a closer look at it tonight and it has decking put down and has extended a good way into the water. Definitly looks permanent. Could it be a new pier? If so im not sure if i would want to pay to fish somewhere i fish for free already. Anyway i cant find anything online so anyone know what the heck it is?:confused:

·
Registered
29 Posts
sgt . ive been fishing willoughby everyday too im sure ive seen you down there. it seems like a water system for the flooding that occurs and possibly there doing both . fishing pier and water system , wasnt too happy on wensday when they dropped some type of fuel or oil in the water looked like a nasty slick ..

·
Registered
998 Posts
the contract was to replace the storm water pipes. as far as the decking goes, they built it to drive the machinery on to replace the pipe, but the decking will all be coming out after the job is finished.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"to drive the crane on" I actually thought of that a little while after i posted.
Kind of a brain fart on that one. Altho it would be nice of em to put up a rail and leave the decking down.

I once had someone ask me, while waiting for a friend to skydive, "How is he going to get up there?" Seriously. :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well all I know is that it put some more structure for me to catch fish around. When they first put it up there were a lot of spot and croaker. Haven't been out there in the last month though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts