Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any suggestions on a front mounted rod/cooler rack for my 99 f250?Around here we have Jersey Surf Products stuff[like 'em,reasonable price],Anglers Aluminum[like 'em,expensive],haven't seen too many others.Probably will mount to a Reese or other 2" front receiver mount.Any suggestions or links?Thanks.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
FordCrew,cant speak ta th ford but I got a mount an rack from Anglers. Th only 2 complaints I have is one. on a yota you have to give up your hooks an th second is it seems ta be rusting quick. I haven't had it(th mount) but a year.Aint dogging em but I also don't have any other to go by.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Thanks for the link Sandflea I was going to ask on the board where to get a surf cart.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Coco...

I love my cart. I can carry up to eight surf rods, tackle box, chair, and cooler down to the surf in one trip.

I think CDog has the same one too.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
And to piggyback on the HuskyMD asked what vehicle are you putting it in I'm getting a SUV in the spring but sometimes I might have to use a car.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Excellent that was the one I was looking at Thanks again

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Yeah I got th jr. Wish I had gotten th sr. instead but th thing is great on th pier an here in Va where ya can't drive on th beach.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all for the replies,however I was looking for info on vehicle-mounted racks.
PS-Now that I've seen the Fishnmate I'll probably get one for the periods of the year we can't drive the beach.Still want info on vehicle racks,though.Anyone got Jersey Surf stuff?

·
Banned
1,208 Posts
Fordcrew,

Had my aluminum rod/cooler rack installed back in 1993-94 on my Ford F-150 by R&R Marine as I recall? The guy was in Manteo,NC. He was a self described ex-semipro bass fisherman - nice guy - that did real nice "turn key" work. Cost me like 450 bucks installed at the time for an 8-holder w/room for 100qt cooler, a bit expensive, but worth it! He did a real solid job and is still in good condition to this day - despite the sh*t I put it through :eek:

Anyway should you need it I can see if I can find his No. or if he's still living/in business :D Otherwise there is always Frisco Rod-n-Gun.

Beach fish,

`bucket

·
Registered
262 Posts
Fordcrew, I have a friend that got a rack by Renolds Racks. It is 6' wide by 2'6" deep, full bottom and holds 8 rods ansd 2 baiters. His accessories are nice, also. He had a Dodge Ram and just traded it on a Suburban. I have seen several other racks by Reynolds. Nice big racks. Call him for a brochure. Just my .02. 302-834-7418. pelican man. :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Cdod, just curious, but why do you wish you had bought the Sr. vice Jr. Fish Mate?

I have been looking at them and haven't made up my mind either.

:cool:

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Surf an Turf,th Sr. has more space. Th jr can hold a 48qt.cooler with my tacklebox resting on th arm. With th sr. I could fit a 48 an my box inside th rack.Or use a bigger cooler. I got a 90qt that wont fit in it. :(

·
Registered
738 Posts
Ray's Racks in Manteo does excellent stuff, best Ive seen, although I have an AA rack that I like right much. Whenever I go a little bigger(want the full basket with 6 tubes and the rocket launchers) thats where Im goin, super nice guy. Somebody will post his # im sure.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Cdog, wouldn't that be a lot of weight to pull down a beach? Especially say Sandbridge from the parking lot to the beach? Are the wheels really wide enough to support the weight on deep soft sand. I'm asking because the other cart (can't think of the brand right now) has ballon wheels and looks as if it could support more weight and ride on top of the sand.

Thanks for your reply.

:cool:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts