Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished back half of incoming tide and 1st half of out going tide this AM. 0630-noon. Nothing on a gold spoon so began to soak fish bites. no bites till i got a surprise pompano off shrimp fish bite 1 hr. in. then nothing else for a while off fish bites till snagged a small spot. cut spot up and got 2 whiting, puffer, & a ray off the cut spot. Spot and everything after were on the out going tide. No pic of the ray since he was good size and hard to handle solo. didnt want to keep him out of the water too long.

On a side note anyone had fishbites long enough that they look like they are growing something? Several packs from last yr. have white spots like cheese growing mold. They dont smell funny or lost their color. I think that might be why little to no action on them. Even had several flavors out.

Attachments

·
Registered
602 Posts
Fished back half of incoming tide and 1st half of out going tide this AM. 0630-noon. Nothing on a gold spoon so began to soak fish bites. no bites till i got a surprise pompano off shrimp fish bite 1 hr. in. then nothing else for a while off fish bites till snagged a small spot. cut spot up and got 2 whiting, puffer, & a ray off the cut spot. Spot and everything after were on the out going tide. No pic of the ray since he was good size and hard to handle solo. didnt want to keep him out of the water too long.

On a side note anyone had fishbites long enough that they look like they are growing something? Several packs from last yr. have white spots like cheese growing mold. They dont smell funny or lost their color. I think that might be why little to no action on them. Even had several flavors out.
Great repot, nice catch. I think you are right about the FISHBITES. I have not had much luck with my year-olds this year, think I will pick up some new ones tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Last year I picked up a pack of chartreuse bloodworm fishbites. They didn’t catch well so I did not use them up. They faded and got a little dried out but still somewhat flexible. Tried them last week and they got no love from the fish. My friend had a fresh pack of the same fishbites and he was catching. The manufacturer may claim that old fishbites still work but experience says no.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Last year I picked up a pack of chartreuse bloodworm fishbites. They didn’t catch well so I did not use them up. They faded and got a little dried out but still somewhat flexible. Tried them last week and they got no love from the fish. My friend had a fresh pack of the same fishbites and he was catching. The manufacturer may claim that old fishbites still work but experience says no.
I agree, thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts