Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday from 0700-1430hrs nice spot and roundheads bite. My nephew caught and released beautifully marked 7 foot sand tiger... Hot on the beach...just beat the thunderstorms

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fished Lynnhaven 0730-1100 ...1 flounder ,one croaker. Thank God weather cooler...but so was the catching!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
0730-1530 at BBNWR in the rain and east wind...water looked real "drummy"... Two bluefish and one barjack. One guy caught a sand perch another guy said he caught 4 "red drum" Friday... I was too wet and cold to ask for details... Most likely puppies.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dismal fishing on a beautiful weekend. Saturday fished early until the thunderstorm chased me off. Zip. Fished the high tide Sunday afternoon til dark. One roundhead. Bait was all ultra fresh:the crabs sure liked it. Saw a couple bunker caught and that was all for two days.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Dismal fishing on a beautiful weekend. Saturday fished early until the thunderstorm chased me off. Zip. Fished the high tide Sunday afternoon til dark. One roundhead. Bait was all ultra fresh:the crabs sure liked it. Saw a couple bunker caught and that was all for two days.
Thanks for the report. That’s a bummer, but I’d take any day on the beach than inside. Can’t wait for the cabs to leave. It should start heating up in the surf soon.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Weather great this Saturday. Fishing? Not so much. Anything less than a cinder block would wash up on the beach in 5 minutes.
Heard somebody caught a shark. Otherwise, nada.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Saved some 10 and 12 oz wing sinkers for a rainy day. So dusting off the one piece "Old School" heaver and screwing on a 40 year old ABU 8600 for throwing big leads and big baits in the BBNWR surf tomorrow. Likely will be a repeat of Saturday but it is looking drummy.i

·
Registered
732 Posts
Thanks for the report and I hope you have better luck today. I was 9 miles to your south on Saturday, fishing right at the fence at Carova, same result 8s were washing up in no time flat. I didn't see any mullet running yet.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, no... That was a second hand report. I kind of soured on tagging after personally tagged and released hundreds of fish with Dr.Jim Wright til his passing... I am for tagging but I have retired from tagging.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And it looks like BBNWR again Saturday, unless I come to my senses (and that's not likely...I have a very loose grip on reality)
Would be nice to fish in less than a freaking GALE, though.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I went to Lynnhaven and caught ONE teeny flounder and a few spots...nice cool weather but water dirty on both sides of low tide.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts