Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gave Bass Pro Shops Corporate a call today and all I got was the runaround! Frickin ridiculous! I told the represenative everything that happened and all they could say was that policy states that you get no discount on top of a sale. I proceeded to tell them that was bs and is very misleading by their signs in the store. I told them that I will not be frequenting their store anymore and am taking my business elsewhere. All they could say is try to talk to the store manager but the problem is we already have. I am very upset and would say they won't be near the top of my list of stores when I need tackle.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
FL F,

Go to your ISP and use your webspace. Do a anti BPS webpage and send the url to their sales dept. Tell them in the e-mail that if you don't get any satisfaction that you will publish the url to the web and submit it to the search engines. Trust me, they will take care of you to stop that site from going to the web....Tightlines

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Sorry to hear that Jason. I will be going down there to return some of the stuff that we bought. I will talk to the store manager again but I will probably get the same response that you got. I guess the only thing left to do is catch a big drum :D.
-Anthony

·
Registered
627 Posts
Not quite sure what satisfaction you're after??

Most retailers don't offer an additional discount over sale priced items. And if they do, it's usually explicitly specified as such.

Otherwise, the policy of not offering discounts on sale items might be in the "fine print", but it's still policy, so accept it and move on.

Given your track record of high credit purchases (which you personally admitted to) I'd wager a guess you're pissed because you were denied a BPS card, and now you're trying to put the blame where it doesn't belong.

Sorry a fellow fishing brethren had to go thru what you just experienced, but like I already said, I'm not really sure what it is you're after.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Retailers will always try to deny you additional savings no matter what you buy and feed you bs causing many to give in. It happens a lot with pricematching, sales items and etc. If you're lucky and meet a nice sales manager or cashier, they'll allow you to stack different promotional offers but it's rare. If anyone of you wants terminal tackle, go to sports authority but read this to link save you some $$.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Big Will that is not my intention. I am not really pissed about getting the credit card from them. I have other cards with better rates and as Anthony can vouch I really didn't want it but they offer a first time 10% discount when you get it. I understand that they don't offer discount on top of other discount and is supposed to say that on the sale items. What I am mad at is the FALSE ADVERTISEMENT they are doing. I am military and they offer a 15% discount off of ALL items. There is a sign when you walk in the store. Big Print with no little print on it. Then on the rods that are on sale there is no little writing that says you can't use any other discount on this item(which most places put on there to not confuse customers) We talked to the manager and she said the discount is only for items not on sale which I can prove wrong with my receipt. I bought a few packages of hooks and weights that were on sale and was still given the 15% discount. And the manager was right there when it was rung up. We spent almost an hour at the register and the manager was sitting there helping me while she was bs'ing to whoever on the phone. I mean what kind of customer care is that. I am mad that I didn't get a discount on the rods when all the signs clearly state I should. I told them I understand their policy but it is just the principal of the matter that it is misleading and that they may need to look into that.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Buying Stuff while saving $$$$$

Fl Fisherman its good to do resrch before buying stuff compare deals and merchindice then buy.You have to get the feel of the reel and see if it is the right price for you.Bass Pro isn't all bad but compare thier products and price and others.Another thing,buy only what your really going to use don't buy somthing just because the sign says its a bargin;your just being suckerd in to spending more money that you don't need to.I learned how to spend money wisely.;)

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Credit Cards

:barf: Don't get suckerd into credit cards;buying things with cash is better.If I have to use Credit or Debit Cards to purchase somthing I don't do it.Credit Cards are Bad:mad:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I am going to have to say something here. It's not the money, it's the principle. They should clearly state somewhere that the military discount does not include things that are on sale. The funny thing is that some items that we bought that were on sale were still given the 15% discount. We just wanted a clear explanation but never gotten one. I went down there today to return a few things and asked about the rods. They pretty much gave me the same run around that Jason got. I understand that it's policy but somethings just don't make sense. Anyway that's now all in the past. And to HappyPappy, I think that Jason and me know what good bargains are. We don't need signs to tell us what bargains are. We've done enough fishing and buying to know what's cheap and what isn't. I hope I didn't offend you but I was a little offended by that. All the stuff that we bought I guarantee we will use in the future. We did get a little spend happy but we still got a decent deal on everything, we just bought 2 years worth of stuff in one trip, never again. Anyway I was just venting a little. Let's get back to fishing.
-Anthony

·
Registered
960 Posts
Little Grass hopper (jason), you have failed to learn your lessons from the master (me). Always, always, always complain in writing not on the phone. When you write and threaten going to the BBB they have no choice but to please you. keep a copy and if customer service dosen't help send a copy along with a more stern letter to the CEO.

ask Amy she'll probally write it for you. Remember she got me the free replacement pole and it did take 2 letters.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah I know Amy already told me I should write. I just might after I come back from this weekend. I don't think she will write it for me but you can ask!:D

·
Registered
627 Posts
Except to agree with the frustrations out of that BPS shopping trip, probably little else I can say, or anyone can say, as any consolation for what you guys experienced. And few others stand on principle as much, or more, than I do. My hard stand on principle eventually made me a real careful consumer. No doubt the big conglomerates have their confusing agreements when it comes to purchases, etc. Even the sales reps don't understand all of the rules all of the time. The Military discount on ALL items, as you understood it to be, could be an issue to take up with BPS. Gotta be careful about the other "sale" items and "discounts" though. Without being there, and y'all might already know this, sounds like you do, but "on sale now" and "sale priced" can have different meanings. You'd need to sort that out in your presentation to PBS over which items you got the "additional" discount on, and which you didn't. Also, BPS has a habit of distinguishing between Brands with some of their offerings. Again, I wasn't there, so good luck with whatever you choose to do. As consumers, we almost need to be one step ahead of the game, BEFORE we walk in the door and buy something. Especially with the big stores, which have little to no personal customer relations like the smaller local stores do. Ya jus' gotta be prepared to deal with that, or take the business somewhere else.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
BS

Just take you business elsewhere and be done with it.
Consumers only have power if they refuse to be taken to town.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Not to Stir it up further......... BUT

It is definatley the principle of the matter!

Jason,
you have every right to be upset at the customer satisfaction that you received. If you go into a store with one of those "in the mail flyers (50% off)", it is always surprizing that it is 50% off of everything, even things already on sale. Usually this is done at clearance time. And guess what, the rod sale was most likely exactly that. hunting season is here and the tide of income will shift in the purchasing of hunting goods instead of fishing goods. Why allow the discount on the hooks and not the rods? Because the rods bring in higher profit. I agree that there may be nothing to do except what HAT suggested, (great idea by the way hehehe), but if it would have happened to any of you, you would have been equally as upset. They offer a discount for those who serve this country, and then throw beauacracy at them because the pinch of a dollar?!?!?!? It's not right, but that is when you make friends with those mom and pop shops that will hook you up in order to keep business comming.

Sorry man, it really sucks. Good luck this weekend oh, and when are we going to Pax Nas :D JK
- Surfman (Eric)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
It's the principle,

Had I walked into BPS or any other place and put a grand worth of stuff on the counter, I would get the discounts. Otherwise they would be watching me walk out the door as they were putting everything back on the selfs. Like I said before, BPS ain't the only restaurant in town!....Tightlines

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Everything is good at Bass Pro;but their Costermer Service counter by the entrence sucks;they can give you the runaround.They've done that to me before;but I still shop there somewhat.But, Axon said it better.They treat the seen costomer better than the one on the phone its a priority thing.They figure they can deal with the guy on the phone later.And look at your recept before leaving the parking lot and bring it to their atention imediatly.If you do what I tell I'm sure your next bad experiance there will go a little more smoothly;) .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts